A jouney of faith...that will take us to Ethiopia



Monday, June 6, 2011

Ethiopia Day Three



Today was independence day in Ethiopia.  We woke up to the sound of loudspeakers on top of trucks broadcasting celebrations of freedom from the communist regime that fell 20 years ago.







We went to the outdoor market today to do some shopping.  Shopping in a third world market is fun for some, stressful for others and entertaining for all.  We walked away with some great mementos of this amazing country and got back into the van for another wild ride across the city.

As we arrived at the transition home today, a picture was etched into my mind that will be there for the rest of my life.  We drove thru the gates into the courtyard and as I stepped out of the van, Jordis ran squealing with arms outstretch into my arms.  A little girl that I have only known for two days has ran to me and began to trust me.  I have fallen in love with her.  Another great day of getting to know her.

Addis Ababa fun fact of the day - Addis is the political capitol of Africa and is home to the African Union.


No comments:

Post a Comment